News & Notes
First Aid/CPR course.....where: Temple Beth El...Date: September 5th....Time: 10 am Price: $10 per person. Call the office to reserve your spot.
Religious School Welcome Back Family Breakfast & First Class, Sunday, September 10th @ 9 am.
First evening Midrasha opening family dinner, Monday, Sept. 11th @ 6:30 pm
Shalshelet opening session, Monday, Oct. 2nd @ 6:30 pm followed by a Q & A for parents @ 7 pm
Genizah Ceremony & Service, Sunday, September 24th @ 11 amTemple Beth El Cemetery, Mechanicsville Road, Whitehall, PA.
Temple Beth El Third Kol Nidre Dinner, Friday, Sept. 29th, 5:15 pm Seudah Hamafseqet Dinner & 6:30 pm Kol Nidre Services (Dinner is limited to 150 people) RSVP by September 18th!
Yom Kippur Afternoon Private Prayer Opportunity, Saturday, September 30th @ 2 pm.
High Holiday Healing Service on Yom Kippur afternoon, September 30th @ 3:30 pm in the Hammel Family Chapel. Please contact the Cantor or Rabbi for more information.
Soup-er Sukkot Shabbat! Friday, Oct. 6th 5:30 pm family service, 6 pm Shabbat dinner with delicious soup. RSVP by Sept. 2th
Sukkah Hop & Family Dairy Potluck, Sunday, Oct. 8th 2 pm to 5 pm. Travel to different Sukkot by bus for fun activities & treats. Return to Beth El for a dairy potluck supper!
Celebrate Simchat Torah! Erev Simchat Torah, Thursday, October 12th! 5:30 pm free spaghetti supper. 6:30 pm the celebration begins...Live Klezmer music, family friendly service..shorter program, earlier time...fun for all ages. Dancing, interative Torah rewind!
Simchat Torah Continues, Friday, October 13th @ 8:30 am...Hakafot...dancing with Torahs, an Allyah for everyone and honoring our Kallah Torah, Hatan and Kallah B'resshit plus a delicious kiddush lunch.
Involvement in Decision Making Process
- Attendance at board meetings – usually the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Participation as member or chairman of one or more committees as assigned
- Knowledge of the Constitution and by-laws, operating procedures, financial affairs and the Temple program.
- Be aconstructive participant at board meetings – focus on issues not individuals
- Attendance at worship services – at least one Sabbath service per month
- Serve as an usher/greeter 4-5 times per year for Shabbat and for High Holy Days
- Participation in social and cultural activities of the congregation
- Engage in on-going Jewish studies and activities
- Financial support of the congregation to the best of the Director’s ability
- Be both financially and philosophically supportive of new building project and capital campaign.
We are first and foremost a religious community.In order to connect with G-d, our clergy and each other, we need to pray together.There is no other way to be connected and informed unless we participate in prayer services.It is essential that we come to services as a major focus of our Temple Beth El participation.