Involvement in Decision Making Process
- Attendance at board meetings – usually the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Participation as member or chairman of one or more committees as assigned
- Knowledge of the Constitution and by-laws, operating procedures, financial affairs and the Temple program.
- Be aconstructive participant at board meetings – focus on issues not individuals
- Attendance at worship services – at least one Sabbath service per month
- Serve as an usher/greeter 4-5 times per year for Shabbat and for High Holy Days
- Participation in social and cultural activities of the congregation
- Engage in on-going Jewish studies and activities
- Financial support of the congregation to the best of the Director’s ability
- Be both financially and philosophically supportive of new building project and capital campaign.
We are first and foremost a religious community.In order to connect with G-d, our clergy and each other, we need to pray together.There is no other way to be connected and informed unless we participate in prayer services.It is essential that we come to services as a major focus of our Temple Beth El participation.