Share Education Vision
The E. G. Scoblionko Religious School of Temple Beth El, a Conservative egalitarian synagogue affiliated with United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, strives to foster deeper understanding and appreciation of how our rituals are rooted in Jewish history and spirituality. Temple Beth El’s religious school encourages our students and their families to be active participants in prayer and to integrate Jewish customs and traditions into their daily lives. We strive to be an inclusive, joyous and supportive learning environment in which G-d, Torah, and community are the foundation of the learning experience.
In order to realize our vision, we have identified the following mission goals we strive to achieve through the religious school.
- We will provide our students with knowledge which will promote the desire to celebrate Shabbat, holidays and life cycle events that are part of our heritage.
- We will promote an understanding of Jewish history through the ages and its contributions both past and present.
- We will emphasize the importance and relevance of modern Israel as we study various aspects of its development and illustrate how current events throughout our world affect the Jewish community.
- We will nurture a positive and prideful Jewish identity, helping students to develop a framework which they may draw upon as Jewish adults.
- We will provide opportunities within and outside the educational environment for our children and their families to practice Mitzvot, embodying Jewish values and a positive life-long contribution to their community.
- We will strive to teach students Hebrew prayer skills while actively conveying the spiritual and historical message of the Siddur.
- We will provide experiences in which students can explore their spirituality and their relationship with G-d.
- We will foster responsible social interactions in a welcoming and positive learning climate in order to create an educational foundation that develops students as life-long learners of Torah.