PURPOSES and FUNCTIONS
- Develop a program to increase synagogue membership, seeking and encouraging the affiliation of new residents and of other residents who are not members of any other synagogue.
- Plan a membership orientation program.
- Advise the President and the Board of the special aptitudes or interest of members that they may serve on committees which fit their interests.
- Seek means of involving members who do not participate in congregational activities.
- Receive applications for membership and letters of resignation and present them to the Board.
- Take note, in an appropriate manner, of the departure of members from the community.
- Promote an atmosphere of cordiality and hospitality within the synagogue community.
- Coordinate with representatives of the young married group to implement program to attract young married couples.
THREE FACETS OF MEMBERSHIP