Ritual & Service Committee
- The Ritual and Service Chairman is directly responsible to the President and consults with the Rabbi on Halachic issues.
- Learns, under the direction of the Rabbi, and then teaches the Board and the general membership the Conservative approach to Jewish ritual, worship and synagogue practice.
- Arranges for regular adult worship services appropriate to the needs of the congregation for weekdays, Shabbat, holidays and special occasions.
- Strives continually to raise the level of public worship by both increasing attendance and deepening the content of the woship service.
- Presents for the Board’s consideration a set of guiding principles for religious services in the synagogue, and a set of standards for Sabbath, holiday, and kashruth observance on synagogue premises or at affairs sponsored by the synagogue.
- Presents to the Board any proposals for major changes in synagogue ritual.
- Confers with the education committee on those aspects of the synagogue service and ritual which involve the participation of school children.
- Selects and supervises Corps of Ushers.
The Rabbi of the congregation is the final authority on all matters involving Halacha.