News & Notes
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - TBE Annual Congregational Meeting
Saturday, June 8, 2019 - 9:15 pm Tikkum Leil Shavout, 9:30 am Service & /B/M of Sarah Dacey & 10 pm Ma'ariv
Sunday, June 9, 2019 - 9:30 am Shavuot Day 1 Service
Monday, June 10, 2019 - 9:30 am Shavuot Day 2 Service and Yizkor
Saturday, June 22, 2019 - 9:30 am - Service & B/M of Jack Edelman
Friday, June 28, 2019 - 6 pm Shabbat Dinner & 7:30 pm Outdoor Service...Join us as we welcome Shabbat together with a yummy Shabbat dinner followed by songs and crafts for the kids and then a Shabbat service under the stars.
Saturday, July 13, 2019 - 9:30 am - July Birthday Shabbat & Service
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - Bus Trip to NYC to see Second Story Man at the Hudson Guild Theater. Bus leaves TBE parking lot at 1:45 pm. First stop is Ben's Deli @ 4 pm (pay your own meal) The show begins at 6:15 pm. Only 30 tickets available. RSVP to TBE Office by Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Ritual & Service Committee
- The Ritual and Service Chairman is directly responsible to the President and consults with the Rabbi on Halachic issues.
- Learns, under the direction of the Rabbi, and then teaches the Board and the general membership the Conservative approach to Jewish ritual, worship and synagogue practice.
- Arranges for regular adult worship services appropriate to the needs of the congregation for weekdays, Shabbat, holidays and special occasions.
- Strives continually to raise the level of public worship by both increasing attendance and deepening the content of the woship service.
- Presents for the Board’s consideration a set of guiding principles for religious services in the synagogue, and a set of standards for Sabbath, holiday, and kashruth observance on synagogue premises or at affairs sponsored by the synagogue.
- Presents to the Board any proposals for major changes in synagogue ritual.
- Confers with the education committee on those aspects of the synagogue service and ritual which involve the participation of school children.
- Selects and supervises Corps of Ushers.
The Rabbi of the congregation is the final authority on all matters involving Halacha.