News & Notes
We're here for you!
- We can help you with technology to connect to these events! Call Shari (610-597-4400), email@example.com
- We are here to help! In these times, please, if you are feeling anxious and need someone to talk to, call Rabbi Re'em through the synagogue office, 610-435-3521, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need help with physical logistics (food, appointments, etc.) contact Michelle Rohrbach, 610-435-3521 or email@example.com
- If you, or anyone in your family has contracted the coronavirus and been in the shul recently, we ask that you confidentially contact Michelle Rohrbach, 610-435-3521 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ritual & Service Committee
- The Ritual and Service Chairman is directly responsible to the President and consults with the Rabbi on Halachic issues.
- Learns, under the direction of the Rabbi, and then teaches the Board and the general membership the Conservative approach to Jewish ritual, worship and synagogue practice.
- Arranges for regular adult worship services appropriate to the needs of the congregation for weekdays, Shabbat, holidays and special occasions.
- Strives continually to raise the level of public worship by both increasing attendance and deepening the content of the woship service.
- Presents for the Board’s consideration a set of guiding principles for religious services in the synagogue, and a set of standards for Sabbath, holiday, and kashruth observance on synagogue premises or at affairs sponsored by the synagogue.
- Presents to the Board any proposals for major changes in synagogue ritual.
- Confers with the education committee on those aspects of the synagogue service and ritual which involve the participation of school children.
- Selects and supervises Corps of Ushers.
The Rabbi of the congregation is the final authority on all matters involving Halacha.