News & Notes
Saturday, January 25, 2020 @ 9:30 am Birthday Shabbat; 10 am Bim Bom Buddy; 10 am Gamin & 1st grade service; 10 am Youth Service, 10:15 am GPS
Saturday, February 1, 2020 @, 6:15 pm JFS Havdallah
Sunday, February 2, 2020 @ 9:15 am Sisterhood Mitvah Brunch
Sunday, February 2, 2020 @ 12 pm Mitzvah Club
Friday, February 7, 2020 @6 pm Teen Shabbat Service & Tu B'shevat Dinner
Saturday, February 22, 2020 @ 7pm Irena's Vow @ K.I.
Sunday, February 23, 2020 @ 2 pm On the Same Page Book Club
Friday, February 28, 2020 @ 6:45 pm Shabbat Across America Dinner
Saturday, February 29, 2020 @ 7 pm Comdey Night at TBE
Ritual & Service Committee
- The Ritual and Service Chairman is directly responsible to the President and consults with the Rabbi on Halachic issues.
- Learns, under the direction of the Rabbi, and then teaches the Board and the general membership the Conservative approach to Jewish ritual, worship and synagogue practice.
- Arranges for regular adult worship services appropriate to the needs of the congregation for weekdays, Shabbat, holidays and special occasions.
- Strives continually to raise the level of public worship by both increasing attendance and deepening the content of the woship service.
- Presents for the Board’s consideration a set of guiding principles for religious services in the synagogue, and a set of standards for Sabbath, holiday, and kashruth observance on synagogue premises or at affairs sponsored by the synagogue.
- Presents to the Board any proposals for major changes in synagogue ritual.
- Confers with the education committee on those aspects of the synagogue service and ritual which involve the participation of school children.
- Selects and supervises Corps of Ushers.
The Rabbi of the congregation is the final authority on all matters involving Halacha.