News & Notes
Tuesday, August 8th @ 7:05 pm - Men's Club Iron Pigs Event @ Coca Cola Park! Kosher Tailgate Party @ 5 :00 pm to 6:30 pm which includes burgers, hot dogs, sausages, veggie options, soft drinks, etc. Cost of tailgate is NOT included and it is a free will donation! Tickets for game are $15.00 per person. RSVP by JULY 15th! Please email your reservation to Roy Benasaraf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, August 29th, 6:45am - 9/11 MEMORIAL & MUSEUM BUS TRIP Seniors, 55 and older are invited to join us on a Bus Journey to NYC to visit and take a guided tour of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum (2 hours). We leave Temple Beth El at 8:15 am. We will enjoy lunch (not included in price) at Ben’s Kosher Deli, and then take the Tour. A Snack and Drink will be provided on the way home on the bus. We will return to Temple Beth El around 5:30 pm. Cost $50 per person, which is strictly limited to 48 people. First come, first serve! Call today and send in your check to reserve your spot. RSVP DUE to TBE by August 18th…No refund after that date.
First Aid/CPR course.....where: Temple Beth El...Date: September 5th....Time: 10 am Price: $10 per person. Call the office to reserve your spot.
Ritual & Service Committee
- The Ritual and Service Chairman is directly responsible to the President and consults with the Rabbi on Halachic issues.
- Learns, under the direction of the Rabbi, and then teaches the Board and the general membership the Conservative approach to Jewish ritual, worship and synagogue practice.
- Arranges for regular adult worship services appropriate to the needs of the congregation for weekdays, Shabbat, holidays and special occasions.
- Strives continually to raise the level of public worship by both increasing attendance and deepening the content of the woship service.
- Presents for the Board’s consideration a set of guiding principles for religious services in the synagogue, and a set of standards for Sabbath, holiday, and kashruth observance on synagogue premises or at affairs sponsored by the synagogue.
- Presents to the Board any proposals for major changes in synagogue ritual.
- Confers with the education committee on those aspects of the synagogue service and ritual which involve the participation of school children.
- Selects and supervises Corps of Ushers.
The Rabbi of the congregation is the final authority on all matters involving Halacha.