News & Notes
Shavuot Services Schedule for 2017...Tuesday, May 30th Erev Shavuot (Tikkun Leil Shavout) 8:15 pm...Ma"ariv 9 pm, Wednesday, May 31st Day 1 of Shavout Service at 9 am also confirmation and Thursday, June 1st 9 am service Yizkor!
Sunday, June 4, 2017 @ 11 am - Israeli Book Brunch....Book to be discussed "The Hilltop" by Assaf Gavron...view a presentation, learn discuss and eat. You will be glad you did! Please RSVP to Adina Re'em at email@example.com
Sunday, June 11, 2017 @ 9:30 am - Men's Club Brunch...A Refugee's Journey. Hear the story of Abbas Khalaf, a Sunni Muslim in Baghadad who was beaten and threatened with death. Hear his story of suvival and enduring hope as he sets out for freedom for himself and his family. A donation will be accepted at the door to defray the cost of the meal. To allow for planning, contact Henry Luftman at 484-634-0527 to RSVP.
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 @ 7:30 am - Congregational Meeting here at the Temple!
Friday, June 23, 2017 @ 6 pm - BBQ Dinner (chicken, coleslaw, etc.) and then at 7:30 pm Shira Chadasha outdoor service under the stars.
Saturday, July 15, 2017 @ 9:15 pm - Jazz on the Patio with muscian Frank DiBussolo who has worked with several artists including Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Diana Ross and many more! Admission is $10 and includes wine/beer/appetizers and desserts! Please call the TBE office at 610-435-3521 to RSVP to this event!
Tuesday, August 8th @ 7:05 pm - Men's Club Iron Pigs Event @ Coca Cola Park! Kosher Tailgate Party @ 5 :00 pm to 6:30 pm which includes burgers, hot dogs, sausages, veggie options, soft drinks, etc. Cost of tailgate is NOT included and it is a free will donation! Tickets for game are $15.00 per person. RSVP by JULY 15th! Please email your reservation to Roy Benasaraf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ritual & Service Committee
- The Ritual and Service Chairman is directly responsible to the President and consults with the Rabbi on Halachic issues.
- Learns, under the direction of the Rabbi, and then teaches the Board and the general membership the Conservative approach to Jewish ritual, worship and synagogue practice.
- Arranges for regular adult worship services appropriate to the needs of the congregation for weekdays, Shabbat, holidays and special occasions.
- Strives continually to raise the level of public worship by both increasing attendance and deepening the content of the woship service.
- Presents for the Board’s consideration a set of guiding principles for religious services in the synagogue, and a set of standards for Sabbath, holiday, and kashruth observance on synagogue premises or at affairs sponsored by the synagogue.
- Presents to the Board any proposals for major changes in synagogue ritual.
- Confers with the education committee on those aspects of the synagogue service and ritual which involve the participation of school children.
- Selects and supervises Corps of Ushers.
The Rabbi of the congregation is the final authority on all matters involving Halacha.